December 21, 2020
After an incredibly challenging year for everyone in the live entertainment sector—and in the wider communities that we live in—we knew that this holiday season would be an especially difficult time for many. So, we decided to divert our resources to helping those communities and have a little fun in the process! But we didn't want to do it without the support and input from the people within those communities—you. Over the month of December, we ran a holiday quiz so that you could help us select a deserving arts organization and a community charity to win a monetary donation.
The quiz put your knowledge of Theatre Projects, our team, and our work to the test, and we were thrilled to see so many participants. The number of responses we received is a testament to our shared sense of fun and collaboration, but also an acknowledgement that our communities are suffering and need help. We're here to support these communities in any way we can until these difficult times are behind us and we're back to being able to safely meet, play, and work together in person again.
We’re delighted to announce the winners of our 2020 Holiday Quiz:1st prize
2. This year, venues around the world were forced to close their doors because of COVID-19. One of our clients wanted to create a temporary outdoors performance environment to continue engaging with audiences safely, so we volunteered time to create images to help them get the necessary permits and sell tickets to events. Name that client!
3. In 2018, we opened a new office in Denver to better serve our clients in the western and mid-western United States. Which one of these team members is NOT based in Denver?
4. We worked on Crosstown Concourse recently. This project involved the transformation of a former Sears distribution center into a mixed-use development for living, working, eating, shopping, and—of course—theatre-going. Where is it located?
5. Our founder, Richard Pilbrow, has several Broadway lighting credits to his name. Which one starred Paul Newman?
1. In the early days, Theatre Projects was a lighting design and rental company. But an unexpected phone call from a famous actor led to us eventually consulting on London’s National Theatre project. Who was the celebrated actor who helped launch Theatre Projects’ consulting business as we know it today?
2. The Moss Arts Center at Virginia Tech is an outstanding educational space for performance, research, and discovery. The building also been recognized by the US Green Building Council for its sustainability. What level LEED certification has the building earned?
3. We’ve worked on masterplan schemes for several major cultural developments around the world, including at West Kowloon Cultural District, where we developed footprints for each of its planned venues. How many venues were included in that masterplan scheme?
4. The theatre at El Museo del Barrio was originally designed to be a children’s theatre. What do the hand-painted murals on its walls depict?
5. Our Head of New Business Development in Latin America, Thomas Yaksic, is passionate about music and has served on several juries for international music competitions. What’s his preferred music genre?
1. What’s the
tagline used on all our social media accounts?
2. Which of these spaces is an adaptive reuse of a former swimming pool?
3. Which of our directors was a Summer Olympics Volunteer in Rio de Janeiro in 2016?
4. How many Gold Certified LEED projects do we have?
5. What do the Wyly Theatre, Derngate, and Royal Opera House Muscat all have in common?