Los Angeles, California, USA
One of the oldest live performance venues in Los Angeles, the 1,190-seat amphitheatre has nurtured arts, artists, and the greater LA community since it opened in 1920. The renovation—conducted in off-season phases to avoid disrupting the venue’s schedule—includes a complete reseating of the venue, a new loading dock, dressing rooms, green room, performance lighting and electrical systems, and a new two-level stage, robust enough to handle equipment-heavy touring acts and stand up to Southern California’s sun and rain, and forgiving enough to host dance and drama. The renovations include a new control room suite, front-of-house theatrical lighting positions, and two 50-foot towers to support lighting and AV equipment. With a new concessions building that includes a full kitchen, a new picnic terrace, and a new sound wall to block the noise of nearby highway traffic, audiences will see and hear improvements everywhere they look.
Los Angeles CountyArchitect
Levin & Associates Architects | Bernard Maybeck (1920 Architect) | William Lee Woollett (1932 Architect)Acoustician
McKay Conant HooverUsers
Local and regional arts groups, touring performances
Outdoor venue, Community
Programming, theatre planning, and theatre equipment design and specificationCompletion