In the theatre, what goes on appears to happen as if by magic—whether that’s a flawless scene change, a brilliant lighting or video design, or a subtle sound effect. We design and specify the systems and equipment that work behind the scenes—efficiently, safely, quietly, and invisibly.
Not surprisingly, this equipment demands much from a building’s structural, electrical, and mechanical systems. We define and coordinate these requirements while integrating flexible, intelligent, and user-friendly systems.
At the beginning, the client has a big picture in mind, with all the equipment they could possibly want or need in the space. We help focus the options to what’s affordable, necessary, and appropriate for performance needs. We visit the site during construction to check equipment installation progress and identify conflicts before they become problems. What’s more, we test every performance system during the commissioning phase to make sure the details are correct, the final installation meets the design intent, and everything is functional before you open.
Theatre equipment system services
- Stage machinery and rigging—control, infrastructure, and equipment
- Performance lighting—control, infrastructure, and instruments
- Performance draperies—control, infrastructure, and soft goods
- Stage flooring, stage lifts, and platforms—infrastructure and equipment
- Sound and show communications—control, infrastructure, and equipment
- Video and projection—control, infrastructure, and equipment
- Broadcast and performance streaming—control, infrastructure, and equipment
- Adjustable acoustics and orchestra shells—control, infrastructure, and equipment