Theatre Projects internship program
We love our work.
We think you might love it, too.
That’s why we’re restarting the Theatre Projects internship program. These are paid, in-person opportunities based in Denver, New England, and New York City, starting as early as May 1, 2023.
We think it’s important to provide interns with a real-world introduction to our industry. For us, that means a mix of hands-on, collaboratively-led work on our active projects, shadowing opportunities, and mentor guidance and support. It also means a self-directed internship arc, proposed by each intern and customized alongside one of the experts on our team.
What areas are offered for the 2023 summer Theatre Projects internship program?
- Business management (marketing focus)—New York office, in person
- Equipment systems design—New York office, in person
- Project management—New England office, in person
- Strategic planning—Denver office, in person
Then what do these internships look like?
- Full-time—in person, weekdays, 10-12 weeks
- Part-time—in person, two weekdays TBD with mentor, 4-6 weeks
Whether full-time or part-time, interns are paid hourly (non-exempt) at $21-$25/hour.
What does Theatre Projects get out of its internship program?
- Mentoring opportunities
- Diverse perspectives
- Future colleagues
And what do you get out of the Theatre Projects internship program?
- Meaningful, real-world work
- One-on-one mentorship
- A self-directed, custom experience
- Introduction to industry software
- Professional-level portfolio pieces
- Portfolio and/or resume review
- Consulting experience
How can I get involved?
Interested? Send us a resume and a cover letter at [email protected]. Please use “2023 Summer Internship” in your subject line to help us find your email quickly.
In the body of the email, please also include the following:
- A brief outline of your custom proposal. This doesn’t have to be extensive. Mostly we want to know what you would like to achieve in an internship and how you think working with Theatre Projects might support those goals.
- Your summer 2023 availability. Please identify your available dates, which area you’re interested in, and whether you want to do full-time or part-time.
Don’t see quite what you’re looking for? Propose it anyway and let us consider if we can meet those needs.