This flexible courtyard theatre was an adaptive reuse of a high school auditorium, which was built in 1938 as a Works Progress Administration project. Theatre Projects and the design team worked to preserve the historic materials and style of the existing building while creating a versatile cultural centerpiece for the community.
Modular seating platforms can be reconfigured to create endstage, thrust, or arena configurations and the room’s side walls have movable panels enabling tuning of the room’s acoustics. The seats were selected for audience comfort and ease of handling during reconfiguration. The adapted facility originally housed the Plano Repertory Theatre Company.
- 325-seat drama theatre