When Overture Center was conceived, our client wanted an arts center that would elevate the community’s creative culture, economy, and quality of life. We conducted a feasibility study to explore the options for the renovation and expansion of a former civic center, plus opportunities for new construction. The result was a combination of all three, with two new auditoriums and an art gallery space, as well as two renovated theatres. We collaborated with Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects and Potter Lawson & Flad architects on the venue design.
- 2,255-seat multipurpose theatre (new construction)
- 1,000-seat multipurpose theatre (renovated)
- 350-seat thrust theatre (renovated)
- 200-seat children's theatre (new construction)
- 200-seat flexible theatre (new construction)
- Gallery space